Thursday 2 August 2012

Day 18 - 19th July, Poděbrady


This evening we watched a Czech film set in World War Two called Protektor. The film was about a Czech journalist who collaborated with the Nazis in an attempt to save his Jewish wife, who was a famous Czech actress before the invasion. It was a good film, but slightly strange and extremely sad. I didn’t understand some of it, as after a vote we decided to have Czech instead of English subtitiles. On the one hand, this was good for my Czech, on the other I often didn’t have a clue as to what was going on in the film. I think if I get the chance to see the film again, I’ll watch it with English subtitles as I know what’s going on! After the film, a huge group of us went to the Chinese for dinner. There were about 15-10 of us in all, and it was great fun pushing the tables together and clinking glasses saying “Na zdravi!” (Cheers!) with so many people when the drinks arrived.

No comments:

Post a Comment